Saturday, September 8, 2007

Thank You for the Welcome

Thanks to the lovely Valerie for giving me a little boost. To answer some questions that were raised from all of you who were kind enough to visit and leave a response.

I created this blog as part of a computer class I am taking. After many years of building, modifying, folding, spindling and working with computers--I have decided to learn programing. The last time I took a programing class, the Apple IIe (1981) was the big computer on campus. So not to worry, I am not an English major and far be it from me to comment on spelling and grammar. Heck, if it wasn't for spell check, I would be in deep trouble.

Nifty Nicknames: With a name like Brendan and the Irish surname I have, I have been called many unflattering nicknames when growing up. I was Brendan before it was cool. As I was growing up, I was called Brenda by 99 of every hundred substitute teachers I had. I had one teacher who pronounced my full name correctly--I used to have him say it a lot. I am more interested in the journey than having a cool nickname.

For those of you that invited me to your blogs: Thank you , I look forward to visiting and reading your interests and experiences.

Cast of Characters: I have my lovely wife Valerie--check out her blog and Elvis the Wonderkat. As for the family, I have my brother, Sean, Mary and his boys Brian and Kevin--want to feel old?, just watch kids grow. My Sister, Maureen, Don my BIL and her two Dean and Erin. Recently, there was Hurricane Dean and Tropical Storm Erin--Both of them got a kick out of having storms named after them. I see a lot of my sister in Erin--Sorry Maureen, but payback is a bitch.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

If you can't beat us, join us. Welcome to blogging!

smileymamaT said...

Hey, Welcome! Not to worry, man. We're mostly a friendly bunch. Have fun!
;)T

Melissa said...

Welcome to the blogger-net! Although, I must say, Valerie has set the bar WAY high on this front!

Anonymous said...

You don't listen to them! I mean, welcome, by all means, but just ignore how absolutely wonderful your wife is and do your own thing! lol

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

Hintergrundbilder-wallpapers

nfer e % ym 19